Hi,
I have a question. I need to store documents (>100.000) and the word
containing in them.

They are two way to do the job :
1°) The documents are stored in a table 'docs' and identified by an 'docid'.
The words are then stored in a table 'docsbywords' where each pair (docid,
word) is stored.
2°) The documents are stored in a table 'docs' and identified by an 'docid'.
But, for each document a table is created 'doc1bywords', 'doc2bywords', ...
that contains only the words of a given document.

In the first solution, two tables with one of them can be very large. For the
second solution, many tables but with no large sizes. Is one of the solutions
better than another with regards to the way MySQL handles tables and row (in
fact, for practical reasons, I prefer the second solution).

Thanks.
--

Dr Ir Pascal Francq
Researcher