Hi everyone!

My silly questions for today concern the not-silly-at-all InnoDB table backend.

1. If I do an ALTER TABLE tbl_name TYPE=InnoDB on an InnoDB table, Heikki has
indicated that a defrag of that table should happen. Does anyone have any comments regarding the
result of a power failure while this operation is in progress?

2. If I do a SELECT * .... on an InnoDB table and dump the output to a file inside a single transaction,
will INSERT statements still complete correctly? I've completed a 3rd year Database course at a decent uni
and know the theory as well as the practice, but admittedly I don't know enough about InnoDB's innards to
answer this question for myself. My gut feeling says that INSERTs will complete successfully while this process
is going on and that UPDATEs may complete, depending on InnoDB's method of multiversioning.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Chris