Grant,

>From my old relational database days we'd create a table of courses and
index this so it could be linked from your semester table.  This way, you'd
have a single entry for each course.  Should the course change, the
maintenance nightmare is alleviated by only having to change the course
entry.

In your case, it would be set up something like this:

SEMESTER MASTER TABLE
A table that describes the semester

SEMESTER COURSE TABLE
A table that has multiple entries; one for each course.  The entry will
contain a SEMETER MASTER TABLE ID, and a COURSE TABLE ID, linking the two
tables.

COURSE TABLE
This will contain one record per course, with description of the course,
etc.

I am uncertain how this would be done with MySQL, but I think the principles
are the same.

-m-