On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 01:02:57 -0400 (EDT)
"Jordan Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very new to MySQL. I normally use MS Access but my project needs
> MySQL. I'm able to set a field(categoryID) in table A(product) a lookup
> field to another table(category) in Access but I can't find anywhere that
> teaches me how to do that in MySQL.
>
> I'm managing MySQL through a web interface provided by my hosting company.
> I can use SQL statements as well as clicking a few buttons.
>
> Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

You mean you need to create a FOREIGN KEY?

Read this:

"In MySQL Server 3.23.44 and up, InnoDB tables support checking of foreign key
constraints,
including CASCADE, ON DELETE, and ON UPDATE. See section 7.5.5.2 Foreign Key
Constraints.
For other table types, MySQL Server only parses the FOREIGN KEY syntax in CREATE TABLE
commands,
but does not use/store this info. "

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ANSI_diff_Foreign_Keys.html

---