Hi,

It looks like your slave can't connect to the master you've defined.
Here are the steps you need to follow :
1- On shell type
        mysql -h mail.dbi.tju.edu -urepl -pPASSWORD
You need to replace word PASSWORD with your actual password. This will
show you if you can connect to master from your slave computer. If you
can not connect check your password and make sure that on master server
user 'repl' has permission to access from your slave computer. You can
see permissions by checking user table on mysql db.
2- If you can access to master server from slave next step is : make
sure that you have entered your password correctly to /etc/my.cnf file.
You can chance your replication user's password by typing
         change master to master_user = 'repl', master_password = 'PASSWORD'

After all these steps type 'start slave' on slave server to see if it is
working.

Kayra Otaner