I've clearly done something worng but, novice that I am, I'm at a dead end
to figuring out just where I've gone astray.  I've scoured the help files
and faqs locally and online but can't seem to find anything I recognize as
relevant.  Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

Have installed (actually twice) MySQL-PHP-Apache from CD included with Sams
Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL and Apache in 24 Hours on Windows 98.  Machine:
Compaq Presario 5610, 192MBram

Problem:#1  When I attempt to start Apache I get "The system cannot find the
file specified" What file would that be? Service Status is dev4_423
(whatever that means).

Problem #2: When clicking on MySQL stoplight icon in startup I get the MySql
admin window AND a blank DOS window (MySqld)....the cursor slows to a
useless crawl and properties shows only an entry in Cmd Line =
c:\windows\system\conagent.exe. Cursor doesn't return to normal speed until
I close the MSDOS window, which also closes MySQL.

Haven't got far enough along to do anything about configuring PHP.

Bob Demers

---