I'm running a large database which is currently using MyISAM. There are approximately 300 million rows in about a dozen tables totaling 7GB of storage. The system is averaging 257 querries per second, probably peaking at around 500-600+ during busy times. We're running a single database with one programming doing insertions/updates and a web server doing only selects. The problem is that the insertions/updates tend to bog down a bit when the web side gets busy. I figured switching to InnoDB might help with the row-locking support, however, on my test system things ran very slow using InnoDB instead of MyISAM. This was just running the script handling the inserts/updates with no web access, but a test that took 2 minutes 34 seconds using MyISAM tables took 10 minutes 37 seconds using InnoDB. I setup enough disk space to hold the tables and had seemingly sufficient ammounts of mmeory configured for InnoDB, so I cannot understand the drastic slowdown. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.