On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:09:02AM -0700, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Doug
> I copied this from an SAP integration with Orace site
> http://saphelp.cob.csuchico.edu/OraHelp/Darwin36/inst36fhp/html/5-odbc.htm
>
> 5.5.3 tsnames.ora File
> the file
> ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora must point to the listener (i.e., the
> TCP/IP port) on the database server. (ORACLE_HOME is the directory on Unix
> where Oracle is installed.) For example,
>
> ora_db0_net=
>   (DESCRIPTION=
>      (ADDRESS=
>        (PROTOCOL=TCP)
>        (HOST=test-console.think.com)
>        (PORT=1521)
>      )
>      (CONNECT_DATA=
>         (SID=ORCL)
>      )
>   )
> Note: Do not use tabs in the file tnsnames.ora.
>
> *OracleDump is performed by (SID=ORCL)*
>
> Keep us apprised to your progress...

Hi Marty,

Thanks for following up.  I've created a tnsnames.ora file
in /usr/local/oracle/9.0.1/network/admin with the settings
appropriate to my host.  When I run the following commands:

  % setenv ORACLE_HOME /usr/local/oracle/9.0.1
  % setenv ORACLE_SID VAPDEV
  % oracledump -c -u myUser -p myPassword

I get the error message...

  % Can't call method "do" on an undefined value at /home/doug/bin/oracledump line 95.

When I run it with the -x switch I see...

Configuration: (remove --explain/-x option to run with this configuration)

  Database SID: VAPDEV
  Database user: myUser
  Database password: myPassword

  Tables: All tables

    --default-database        Use default database (VAPDEV)
    --with-table-comments     Include table comments
    --with-column-comments    Include column comments
    --default-precision       Set to 18
    --default-scale           Set to 0
    --complete-insert         Includes list of column names in insert statements

I'm not a perl guy and I'm not sure what to make of it other than the
variables $nls_date_format, $nls_time_format, $nls_timestamp_format
have data at run-time.

Thanks again for your help so far...

--
Regards,