Hi all,

Upon testing the "ENCRYPT" function of MySQL, [ eg. SELECT ENCRYPT("MyPass")  ] I keep on getting "NULL" values. I read the online documentation on the site,
and they mentioned something about a specific "crypt" function that has to be on the system for one to be able to use the function "ENCRYPT".
And if not, one should use MD5 or any of the other encryption functions. But I specifically want to use the "ENCRYPT" function.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how can I get the "ENCRYPT" function to work?

Thanks a million!