I am trying to establish temporary tables that are accessible via MyODBC.  I can
create the table with data in it and query it from the MySQL command line, but it
never shows up through MyODBC.  Is there something magical about temporary
(memory-based) tables that prevents this?

I am running MySQL 4 on RedHat 9 with the latest MyODBC.  The create syntax works as
advertised:

create temporary table X select * from Y where Z = 'abc';

Incidentally, MyODBC works fine with disk-based tables.  I just set up an ODBC DSN and
can access all the tables via Excel, MS Word, MS Access, etc. except the temporary
tables.

TIA.