Amit Jindal wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to use mysql 4.1.0 C client (libmysql.lib) and I am
getting
> link errors.
> I checked the libmysql.lib and it doesn't seems to have these symbols.
>

> Linking...
> SimpleInsertSelect.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> SimpleInsertSelect.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> SimpleInsertSelect.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> SimpleInsertSelect.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> SimpleInsertSelect.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Debug/SimpleTest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>

> This is from a pre-built version that I downloaded from mysql.com
> Do I need to get the sources and recompile the library with some setting?
> I tried using the provided MSVC project file and got this error:
> ctype-latin1_de.c
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file:

'D:\WorkDownloads\MySQL\mysql-4.1.0-alpha-src\mysql-4.1.0-alpha\strings\ctyp
> e-latin1_de.c': No such file or directory
> ctype-mb.c
>
> Do I need to do some steps before compiling this?
>

> I will appreciate help on this.
> - AMit

These are all known issues that have been solved in the current source
tree for quite some time, which you can compile yourself (from BK), or
you can wait until MySQL-4.1.1 is released (which is a better option).

Regards,

        -Mark

- --
Mr. Mark Matthews
MySQL AB, Software Development Manager, J2EE and Windows Platforms
Office: +1 708 557 2388
www.mysql.com

Are you MySQL Certified?
http://www.mysql.com/certification/