Hi,

I am using the binary distribution of mySQL for
Windows-2000 and am not able to connect to the
DBserver. I used the Setup executable to install the
application. I verified that the my.ini file was
created and contained appropriate information. But,
when I right-click with my mouse on the stop light
icon- to start the service- nothing happens. I tried
to ping the port that mySQL was supposed to be
listening at, and it said that the connection was
refused.

So, it seems like I have not done something properly.
Any thoughts as to how to trouble shoot this problem?

Thanks, Scott

=====
Scott D. Spiegler
President