By "partitioning", you mean having one table divided across N
partitions?

Such a feat isn't directly possible with MySQL, however you can create N
tables instead of 1, and use a table of Type=RAID on the master to
"unify" them for purposes of queries that need to access data from many
partitions.

-JF