I am trying to install:

        mysql-standard-4.0.14-sun-solaris2.8-sparc.tar

on a Solaris 8 system.  I am getting this message in the .err file:

030910 11:05:41  mysqld started
030910 11:05:41  InnoDB: Started
030910 11:05:41  Fatal error: Can't open privilege tables: Can't find file:
'./mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
030910 11:05:41  Aborting

I haven't been able to find any reference to that file in any of the
MySQL documentation.  I've tried creating such a file, but the message
remains unchanged.

I am doing a little weird install.  The commands and scripts go into
/usr/local/bin and the database lives in /local/mysql.  I have added
symbolic cross links.

Anyone have any ideas?

Craig A. Finseth                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Firwood Consulting, Inc.                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
1343 Lafond, St Paul MN 55104           +1 651 644 4027
USA             http://www.firwood.net  +1 651 644 4027 fax (yes, same number)
A ship is safe in a harbor, but that's not what a ship is for--Adm Grace Hopper