All,

I have an older installation mysql 3.22 (hpux 10.20) that I'm trying to
get to 4.0 but first I must go to 3.23.

When going to 3.23 I get an error indicating "File not found or can't
open" after a couple of queries are run.

I've looked at the documentation and determined that I must have a
variable problem.  I'm not sure how to resolve it though

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Not_enough_file_handles.html indicates that
I have to adjust the following variables.

                                  3.22        3.23

table_cache                   64         64

max_connections           100       50

open_files_limit  na         0            Can this be set for hpux
10.20?  Documentation indicates 0 for some systems, but which ones?

Are there any other variables I need to be aware of and set properly?

Thanks in advance

Wayne