Sebastian Haag wrote:

Steve,

Steve Davies sagte:

Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:57:25 +0100
Steve Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi All

I'm currently trying to learn C so that I can recode some php/mysql apps

I've got but I've run into probs right at the start.

I'm trying to compile the examples PDuBois MySQL (myclient.c the really
easy one ;-( ) and get the errors below.

Yeah tried that - same error with includes from the tarball.

Maybe I'm missing something when I call it - I'm using

gcc -c -I/usr/include/mysql myclient.c

I haven't followed this thread at all, so I don't have a clue what exactly the problem is. But I thought I should just post my gcc-command that I had used long time ago.

I remember I had a lot of trouble compiling my first C-API. Here we go:

gcc -L/usr/lib/ -I/usr/include -o prg_name src_name.c -lmysqlclient

It might work for you, it might not. Check the paths first though.

Cheers,
Sebastian

I've been meaning to upgrade to 4 for a while so I installed it on a spare box and everything seems to work now!! still haven't got anywhere with 3 though ;-(

steve