On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:58:03AM +0200, Lenz Grimmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (please Cc: me directly, if you want to catch my attention - I don't
> always follow this list very closely)

Oops.  Good point.

> > It's always felt like FreeBSD became a second-class platform at MySQL AB
> > when Tim left a few years back.  At the time, he was the only MySQL
> > developer using FreeBSD.  But I don't know what the current state is
> > there.
>
> We do have a few guys that use FreeBSD as their main development platform.
>
> Sorry if you got the impression that FreeBSD is considered "second-class"
> - - this is definately not the case.

Good to hear!

> I'm more of a Linux Guy, but that does not really matter. :)

I am too. :-)

> > Or maybe we can strong arm the MySQL build folks (Hi, Lenz) into doing
> > it?
>
> I'd be more than happy, if I knew how exactly this is done. I'll work with
> Serg to get this configured for the next release.

Excellent.

I think the best way to do this would be to provide the standard FreeBSD
build just like you do now and to also provide a LinuxThreads-enabled build
for people who really want it.  I don't think you'd want to force the LT
requirement on everyone.

But hopefully you were already thinking that too...

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.15-Yahoo-SMP: up 4 days, processed 179,586,914 queries (447/sec. avg)