Hi!

On Sep 12, Irwin Boutboul wrote:
> Here it is:
>
> select  floor(avg(selection.bandwidth))*8000 as avgbandwidth  from (select
> avg(bandwidth) as bandwidth from FEEDBACK_DOWNLOADS where servername= ?
> and  ( bytesdownloaded > 500000 or timeduration > 3000 ) group by id order
> by starttime desc limit 20) as selection;
>
> This complex (?) query makes mySQL crash everytime.
>
> If I replace the inner 'select avg(bandwidth)' by 'select *' it works
> fine.
>
> I am pretty  sure this is not related to my table. You could create any
> table and try a query like that on it...  If you can t reproduce the bug,
> I can give the details of my table.
>
> Shall I file a bug for this one ?

If MySQL crashes you definitely shall to file a bugreport (on
http://bugs.mysql.com) - so that you can be sure 4.1.1 will not crash :)

But try to provide a test case.
If you think that one "could create any table and try a query like that
on it" - then provide a set of SQL statements starting from CREATE
TABLE... that will crash MySQL.

Though we try our best to carefully examine all bugreports, bugs with
clear repeatable test cases get higher priority, of course.

Regards,
Sergei

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>