I'm noticing that if a table hasn't been used in a while, it takes MySQL considerably longer than normal to do the first access of it. Once that happens, it's back up to speed.

Any idea on why this happens? I'm assuming maybe the table file gets closed? Any way to bump up RAM to keep all tables in ram? Speed up the table open/access time? Etc?

Thanks for any insight!

- John

John May : President                  <http://www.pointinspace.com>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

LPA Corporate Partner / FSA Associate / ACN Member

Lasso 5 + 6 / PHP / MySQL / FileMaker Pro Hosting Now Available!