What would be the best approach to categorizing records in mysql?

I have a text file that contains a \r list of words, such as:
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green

I use that list to generate html checkboxes.
Each record can have none to all of the categories selected.

In a select, I want to find all records that contain certain above values.
Would it be acceptable to insert the above values into a field space
separated and then do a search based on that?

I am open to any method, just cant seem to find the best way to deal with
this.