Hi

I need to know how and where to tell mysql to look for mysql.sock.

I am using mysql version 3.23.55 and SUSE Linux 8.2.

My problem is that i have a mysql daemon working very well and using
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock as the correct socket.   No problems.

My problems come when I try and install the perl msql-mysql modules.

It asks for my mysql directory, which is /usr/local/mysql/.

I can only assume that it then tries to execute /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql, and guess
what?  For some reason it tries to connect through the default /tmp/mysql.sock, which
doesn't exist and everything fails.

SO whats going on?  Why, when i execute /usr/bin/mysql does mysql look to
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock and when I execute /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql, does it look
to /tmp/mysql.sock?  How can I set BOTH to look at /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock?

I tried mysql_config --socket /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock, but all that does is repeat
the usage message for mysql_config.

Help me, I am confused!

Thanks
Mick