At 11:06 AM -0700 9/15/03, Tom Sparks wrote:
I am doing a mysql_num_rows after a SELECT statement and am getting
the following warning message:
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in {pathname to program} on line 40

Line 40 -  $result = mysql_num_rows($res);
The SELECT statement:
$res = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM company WHERE $category='yes'",$db);
($category is passed to this program from an input form.)

Is there a way to stop this warning to the user when $category = 'no' for all records?

It indicates an error in your program. You have no error checking on the result of the mysql_query() call, I take it?

-tom

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA