Hi!

On Sep 16, Christoph Leiter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reported bug #942 which you've fixed in 4.0.15.  Will this be fixed in
> 4.1.1 as well?  I'm not familiar with the MySQL development process, but
> <http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/News-4.1.1.html> doesn't mention this bug.

Yes, it's already fixed in 4.1.1:

http://mysql.bkbits.net:8080/mysql-4.1/search/?expr=%23942&search=ChangeSet+comments

(It's what one gets by typing '#942' the in search form of
http://mysql.bkbits.net:8080/mysql-4.1)

As changeset is present, the bug is fixed.
And clicking on the [Changeset] link you may see the test case added:

http://mysql.bkbits.net:8080/mysql-4.1/diffs/mysql-test/t/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]@1.1346.297.3

which guarantees the bug will never appear again.

As for http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/News-4.1.1.html, usually bugfixes are
noted there when they are fixed, but if not - all missing
changeset notes will be added there before the release.

And "development process": it is guaranteed that after the bug it's
fixed in some version, it will not be present in all upper releases or
branches. Though bugfix may not be immediately present in the upper
branch, it'll definitely be there before the release.

Regards,
Sergei

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>