I have identified a strange case that seems to give false matches when performing a FULLTEXT IN BOOLEAN search.

Please consider the following:

---
CREATE TABLE `fttest` (
 `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
 `text` text,
 PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
 FULLTEXT KEY `text_index` (`text`)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO `fttest` (`id`, `text`) VALUES("1", "overandover andover");

---
SELECT *
FROM fttest
WHERE MATCH (text) AGAINST ('"overandover andover"' IN BOOLEAN MODE)

Matches - OK as expected

---
SELECT *
FROM fttest
WHERE MATCH (text) AGAINST ('"verandover andover"' IN BOOLEAN MODE)

Does not match - OK as expected

---
SELECT *
FROM fttest
WHERE MATCH (text) AGAINST ('"andover andover"' IN BOOLEAN MODE)

Does match - I would expect this NOT to. Am I missing something or is this erroneous?

Thanks Dave