Im running mysql 4.0.15 on mac osx and am having
trouble while doing performance/load testing. On
startup I get the following error message in the error
log:

 Warning: setrlimit returned ok, but didn't change
limits. Max open files is 12288 (request: 25010)

Im not sure where this request is coming from. In my
my.cnf file, I tweaked the open_files_limit but even
though I make changes, the exact message with the
exact paramters spits out.

Ultimately the problem is that I get an error message
telling me that there are too many open files. I
suspect I need to increase the number of open files,
but it doesnt seem to change.  Any suggestions??

=====