Angela Olmeijer escribió:

Hi there!

I encountered a performance problem  when I switched from a Win2000
machine to a WinXP machine to access MySQL via a MS Access (XP)
Front-end.
Simple queries take 20 times more time to appear on screen.
Here's a rundown of hard-/software.

Windows 2000 Windows XP

PIV processor
PIV processor

256 Mb ram
512 Mb ram

Access XP
Access XP

MyODBC 3.5.1.04
3.5.1.04/06

MySQL is on a Linux server, and we connect via MyODBC.

Initially it ran great on my XP machine, but the next day and the next
couple of XP machines the performance really let me down.

Is this a know problem?
Are there any thoughts on how to solve this? Is it a MyODBC problem or a
MS problem?
Thanks for your time and effort!
Angela Olmeijer

Hi,

I had the same problem and I resolved it adding the flag 256 (Disable the use of extended fetch (experimental)) in the MyODBC options.

Lourdes.