----- Original Message -----
From: Anne Piotet
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 1:07 PM
Subject: Secting according to values of previous records!

Hi!
I'm relatively new to MySQL and encounter the following problem:
- I have a table (~300'000 records) containing process data (which I get under a given
form from plants); a flag (1¦0) signals the start of a new series of trials , moreover
another field indicates the waiting time between trial n and trial n+1;
the following records should be excluded from the selection:
- the first N (1,2,3,4,5...) of a series
- if inside a series the waiting time is superior to a given value t0, the next M
records in the series should be excluded

Now, I should like to be able to parameter the values of N,t0 and M

How should I go with that? Does MySQL support global variable?

Thanks
Anne