Error 13 means that the file exista, but mysql has no permissions for the file.
Make sure mysql is the owner of the data directory and all its subdirectories and files.

Joseph Donato wrote:

Folks,

When I try to start MySQL the mysqld just crashes. I looked at /usr/lib/mysql/{hostname}.err file and I see the following:

030925 10:01:47 mysqld started
030925 10:01:47 /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
030925 10:01:47 mysqld ended

I can not make heads or tails out of what it is trying to tell me, or where the ./mysql/host.frm file is. Does anyone know?

Joseph Donato
-- Joseph Donato RUCS-NB Help Desk [EMAIL PROTECTED] 732-445-8706 "A witty saying proves nothing, but saying something pointless gets people's attention"