At 3:47 -0500 22-09-2003, Andy Callan wrote:

I tried to "kill 3306" and it claimed there was "no such process"
I have a GUI fronted called MacSQL already installed that i was using before
when I could only edit test_... db's in mySQL but I doubt that could be causing
a problem since it didn't for PostgreSQL so i really don't know what is going
on with this.

You can not kill 3306. It is the TCP port.

You have to try to figure out what process is listening (netstat command)
and then kill it.

You can also look at ps to find Mysql process.

Last: Try to execute mysqladmin --shutdown

and then relaunch mysql

Santino

PS: Disable automatic startup of MySql 3.xx from Application Utility MySqlManager.