Hi!

On Sep 24, Steven Roussey wrote:
> > * MATCH ... AGAINST() in natural language mode now treats words that are
> > present in more than 2,000,000 rows as stopwords.
>
> Arg! Is this really true only for natural mode? It seems to be doing it for
> boolean mode too.

No, it is true ONLY in natural language mode.
It affect the result only very slightly, as such common words have
very low semantical value, so their part in final relevance is
neglectable.

> Did this change having anything to do with index creation? So I could
> downgrade back a version and have it still work OK?

No, if you downgrade, it will crash on such a word :)
(in natural language mode, that is)

So, in fact, if you didn't experience these crashes before you are not
affected by the fix.

Regards,
Sergei

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>