Hi, folks.

I use Windows XP Pro, MySQL v.1.4

The following is how I access to MySQL and create a database and a table in
that database:

mysql>create database DB1            --------line 2
mysql>quit                                      --------line 3
>c:\mysql\bin\mysql DB1                --------line 4
mysql>create table TB1(id char(3));  -------line 5

It works fine. But I'm not happy with that since everytime I have to quit
the MySQL after creating a database (e.g. line 3) and then login again using
the command 'mysql database_name' to access that database (e.g. line 4) and
then create the tables in the database, Otherwise, I'll get the message: "No
Database Selected". So, I'm wondering what commands I should use to create
the tables in a database without having to exit just like what I did above?

Thanks for your time.

cheers,

feng