Hi!

Dathan> Sometimes I get this error on a slave... for unknown reasons

Dathan> Error 'Incorrect key file for table: 'hasit'. Try to repair it' on query
Dathan> 'REPLACE INTO hasit

Dathan> If there is a wish list could the error report 'db.table'?

Good idea,  I will try to fix this in 4.0 ASAP

Dathan> Also why doesn't mysql automatically fix the error itself when the error
Dathan> has been encountered?

It will, if you start mysqld with --myisam-recover[=option-list]

(There is many ways to recover and we didn't want to do an automatic
recover that may loose some records, without the user explicitely ask
for it.

Dathan> And if anyone can let me know why these errors occur even when the table
Dathan> has been repaired within a month and the server has not ever been forced
Dathan> down that would help a DBA OUT!

To be able to answer that, we would need some way to repeat the
problem.  Please refer to the MySQL manual of how to make a
repeatable test case by using the binary log.

Note that we found and fixed one bug that could cause table corruption
in MySQL 4.0.15 for dynamic size tables (with BLOB or varchars) under
some conditions.

Without more information, the only thing I can recommend you is to try
out 4.0.15 (or newer).

Regards,
Monty