Greetings,

I have a datafile called 'salary.txt', and it's a tab delimited file, the
structure is like this:
employee_name<tab>salary<enter>
employee_name<tab>salary<enter>

I have a table called 'salary', and it has the same structure as the
'salary.txt' --- employee_name & salary as the columns;

I use the command LOAD DATA INFILE "salary.txt" INTO TABLE salary;

After doing that, I do the 'SELECT * FROM databname' to look at the data I
loaded. Although the data are there and can be found out by the SELECT
query, the layout seems NOT *tidy* at all comparing with other rows typed in
by hand directly using the INSERT command.

Please advise how to solve this problem. Do you think it's so messy to load
data from a text file to a table?

cheers,

feng