Hi,

I've got a MYSQL 3.23.x setup that has approx 4000 database and 4000
user accounts. 1 database per user.

I created each userid from a script of the form

CREATE DATABASE mdb_userid;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER, INDEX,RELOAD ON
mdb_userid.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED] IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER, INDEX,RELOAD ON
mdb_userid.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]  IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

(this is part of a much longer script that I pass thru to mysql and
I'm using dummy/example userid,passwd and host entries in the above).

I now need to grant additional access from a number of subnets for
each of the users in the database to their own database. I wanted to
use a statement of the form

GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER,INDEX,RELOAD ON mdb_userid.*
TO userid@'192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';

But the issue is that I do not have the plain text versions of each
of the users password; as many have changed over the years. So I
can't use the latter format with IDENTIFIED BY as I want to retain
existing passwds.

If I just do the above without having an IDENTIFIED BY entry then
the users get a blank passwd which is definetly a no-no in my
environment.

Ideally what I'd like is a quick and simple way to grant users
access from the new subnets but to retain their existing passwords -
and without me having to extract all their existing encrypted
passwords and then inserts them in afterwards in the appropriate
tables - I prefer using GRANT.

Is there anyway I can what I'm after?

many thanks
Shin