Harald Fuchs wrote:

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Chris Nolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi all,
I was wondering, would there be any point at all in being able to have
DDL statements as part of a transaction? There is one database I know
of that has this as a big selling point.

PostgreSQL has it, Sybase AFAIK doesn't.

Probably not of much use to you, but as a bit of additional knowledge, Gupta's SQLBase has it. It is the RDBMS I
was referring to above.

Would any readers of the list be able to find a use for such an animal?

I find it natural. In MySQL/InnoDB you need to remember what you mustn't do within a transaction.

I think the implications for replicated sites and rolling out updates are pretty important.

Regards,

Chris