I've run into a situation where i dont know how to best write a query. For a
base example, consider these 3 tables:

CREATE TABLE A (
        A_ID    INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
        A_data  text
);

CREATE TABLE B (
        B_ID    INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
        A_ID    INT NOT NULL,
        B_data  text
);

CREATE TABLE C (
        C_ID    INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
        A_ID    INT NOT NULL,
        C_data  text
);

So ive been running a query like:
SELECT A_data, B_data, C_data FROM A, B, C
WHERE A.A_ID = B.B_ID
AND A.A_ID = C.C_ID
AND A.A_ID = 4;

What i really want is to get the A_data from A, and if there are cooresponding
records in B and/or C, get B_data and/or C_data, respectively.

This works fine if there are cooresponding records in tables B and C for each
record in A, but if not, this returns nothing.

So, short of querying each table, i cant come up with a good solution to my
problem.

If there were only 2 tables, a LEFT JOIN would work fine, but both B and C
want to be left joined to A, which i dont know how to do.

thanks
sean peters
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---