From: Wang Feng
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10/4/2003 2:35 PM
Subject: mysql account

Hi, folks.

I use WinXP + MySQL.

I deleted all the rows from the 'user' table of the 'mysql' database
except
my own account (host: localhost, user: alan, password:alan). --- I was
hoping only I have the access to the MySQL databases.

The problem is that I still can login to MySQL by the DOS command:
'c:\mysql\bin\mysql' without the '-h localhost -u alan -p' followed.
(NOTE:
MySQL was installed under the c: drive)

And even the 'c:\mysql\bin\mysql -h localhost' and 'c:\mysql\bin\mysql
-h
localhost -u root' *work* too!!!  Terrible!!!

(BTW, in the 'my.ini' file, the user=alan, password=alan.) --- But I
don't
think this is important as all of the user info are stored in the 'user'
table of the 'mysql' databse. Right?

What am I gonna do? Please advise.

cheers,

feng