Hi,

Having implemented all the solutions you suggest, I would need more
information to answer this problem.

1. What is the acceptable uptime of the system?  95%, 99%, 99.9%, 99.99% ?

2. In the event of a failure, what is the acceptable recovery time?  None,
20 mins, 1 hr, 5 hrs, 1 day ?

3. What hardware is running the DB now?

4. How many queries per second is the system running?  Is it read heavy or
write heavy?  (and what about the future)

5. What is the hardware budget?  Just the existing hardware, $1000, $5000
etc..

6. How much time can you afford to spend on it?

With this info, I could help to suggest a solution... But without it, You
may receive ideas for solutions that are overkill or underkill for your
needs.

Hope this helps,

Andrew