Hi,
So I set up replication and everything seemed to be going alright for a couple days until the slave server stopped responding. Any attempts to connect to the slave server hang indefinitely, and if I ssh into the machine, any attempts to access the data disk also hang.

I had to hard-boot the server to get any response...the data disk (reiserfs) claimed it was alright, but MySQL says the relay log file is corrupted, verified by mysqlbinlog:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] data]# mysqlbinlog stout-relay-bin.001 >/dev/null
ERROR: Error in Log_event::read_log_event(): 'read error', data_len: 70266926, event_type: 46
ERROR: Could not read entry at offset 756432957 : Error in log format or read error

fsck says the file system is consistent. Also, no problems found with the master binlog...

Can I just delete the relay-bin files and reset the master info to continue at the point of failure? (assuming the disk is not bad and the data is valid...which it seems to be so far)

Thanks,
Partap Davis