Hi,

I have downloaded MySQL 4.0.15 from http://www.mysql.com
<http://www.mysql.com>  and installed it on my Windows 98 (SE) OS .

I used this command  to start the MySQL server,

<<< C:\mysql\bin> mysqld --standalone >>>

When I run the mysqladmin command from the command prompt

C:\mysql\bin>mysqladmin version status proc

I get the result like...

<<<<<<.....

C:\MYSQL\BIN\MYSQLA~1.EXE  Ver 8.40 Distrib 4.0.15, for Win95/Win98 on i32
Copyright...x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x...

Server version          4.0.15-max-debug
Protocol version        10
Connection              localhost via TCP/IP
TCP port                3306
Uptime:                 54 min 48 sec

.....>>>>>>

>From the above result, I came to know that I'm running the DEBUG build of
the MySQL.

So, Where can I get the RELEASE build of the MySQL server?

Is it the correct way to start the server?
  or
Any other .exe should be used to start the server?
  or
Any other parameters needed?

Thanks in Advance...

Best Regards,