SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP(timestamp2)-UNIX_TIMESTAMP(timestamp1) as
difference from table;
        gives you the time in seconds between the 2

SELECT
sec_to_time(UNIX_TIMESTAMP(timestamp2)-UNIX_TIMESTAMP(timestamp1)) as
difference from table;
        gives you the time in Days+HH:MM type format

see for additional functions to vary up what you are trying to get
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Date_and_time_functions.html

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 12:05, Jeff McKeon wrote:
> I have two columns in a table, both timestamp(14).  The first one holds
> a start date and the second one holds an end date.  Is there any built
> in mysql function to subtrack timestamp1 from timestamp2 and get the
> elapsed time between?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>
> --