Well, I have been playing around some, partly in the files, other times with
other ccommands see what happens.  Well I decided to delete the entire
directory, and try again.  As I was watching the configure to go through
it's thing, I got a interesting error at 21985 - unknown command and at
21988 in the configure file.

Well, I decided to find out what was causing this error, and noticed at
21985, is a test to see if it should use libedit or not.  I never did define
anything in the command line for it, and on it's false statement it puts a
variable for with_libedit to undefined.  Well just happens at 21988, theres
a test to see if it should use both libedit and libread together.

Just playing around I decided to try compiling with the libedit, and I get 4
new errors at 21988 - test: =: unary operator expected; at 21985 - command
not found; at 21981 - command not found; and lastly at 21986 - command not
found.

Just looking above and below, I find it is right at the openssl section.
What I am thinking, is that either the test expressions are incorrectly
done, or the value of with_libedit that is being defined for tue isn't what
is needed.

I will post more when I find more out.

Chris