-->-----Original Message-----
-->From: Randy Chrismon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-->Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 1:51 PM
-->To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-->Subject: Adding space to /var/lib/mysql
-->
-->This may be a Linux/Redhat question instead of MySQL -- I just
-->installed MySQL 4.0.15 on my RedHat 9 box. Runs fine but there's only
-->6 Gigs free on the drive. So, I have a new 60 gig drive I can use. My
-->question is can I mount the drive temporarily some place, copy the
-->entire contents of /var/lib/mysql to it then permanently mount it as
-->/var/lib/mysql?

This sounds fine mount the 60 gig drive by hand and then when the copy
is done put the mount options in your fstab. Remount (reboot to make
sure it comes up mounted properly).

-OR-
 you can change your datadir indicated in you're /etc/my.cnf file to let
mysql know where your new data is on the new drive.

-OR-
you can use a simple symlink

- Dathan Vance Pattishall
  - Sr. Programmer and mySQL DBA for FriendFinder Inc.
  - http://friendfinder.com/go/p40688-->