Hello,

I'm after some advice on database design:

I've got an object - for an example a hotel - and I want to keep information
about this hotel, criteria that it either has or hasn't (TV, swimming pool
etc).

I want to search on criteria and return the most appropriate match.

Bearing in mind I've currently got over 200 criteria and want to expand
this, how should approach the design of my criteria table.

Should I have a table with Hotel Id and then a char(1) (Y/N) field for each
criteria and then a seperate look-up table for criteria name.

I get the feeling there is a more efficient method using binary operations
(only one field populated with zeros and ones) but I can't find anything to
help in the manuals.

Any thoughts?

Lee Denny