I'm not sure I'm posting this to the correct list. If I'm not, please reply and let me know which list to post this to. Thanks.

We have a php-mysql web-based e-mail system that has a problem that has happened twice in a 2 month period. This morning, somebody logged into it and all of his mail was gone. We ran 'mysql repair <database name>' . It cycles through each table in the database. It gives a 'OK' for each one except for the e-mail table. It says something about corrupt numbers. It's like one off or something. It fixes the problem.

I'm wanting to know if anybody else has had any problems like this or any information about it, including any work-arounds to keep it from happening.

Thanks in advance,
Scott