At 11:30 -0400 10/14/03, Nicolas Ross wrote:
Hi !

Our normal server is on RedHat 7.3 / mysql-max 4.0.14. The server just
crached, I had to recover on another hardware, a Mac OS X 10.2, wih
mysql-max 4.0.15.

The restore went well, but I have some problems :

1. All tables/database are now lower case.

That's because HFS+ filesystems on Mac OS X are not case sensitive. The server runs with lower_case_table_names on by default on Mac OS X as a result.

This not a major issue, as the dbs are still running ok. I'll handle it later when the intel server is back up again.

2. Grants aren't working.

Almost for each db we have the grant I did is something like :

grant all on db.* to 'user'@'%.domain.com' identified by 'password';

So, I end up with a user with no global privilege in the user table, and a
entry in the db table with all privs.

User table : '%.domain.com', user, pass, N for the rest, exept
Lock_tables_priv is Y.
Db table : '%.domain.com', db, user, Y for the rest.

When users connect from the web server (another machine), they can connect
to the mysql server, but they can't do anything. We get :

select command denied to user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' for table 'table'

Have one of these users connect and issue this statement:

SELECT CURRENT_USER();

If the username part of the result value is empty (nothing before the '@'
character), you probably have a problem of these users actually being
authenticated using an anonymous-user account.  Dump those accounts
by connecting to the server as root and issuing these statements:

mysql> DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User = '';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Then have the user try again.

If we connect as root, the select is working properly. It's not the host either, I tried with % as hosts, and it didn't work.

Any hints ?

Nicolas

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer