At 17:26 +0800 10/15/03, Manisha Sathe wrote:
Hi,

I inserted one record thr PHPMyAdmin - mem_pass field of member table set to xyz using function 'PASSWORD'

Then trying to select the same - select * from member where mem_pass = PASSWORD('xyz') - then it is not getting selected

I do not know why I am not getting the result. please help me. what's going wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Manisha

Please consider using something other than PASSWORD(), as noted in the description for that function at:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Miscellaneous_functions.html

PASSWORD() should not be used for your own applications.

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Are you MySQL certified? http://www.mysql.com/certification/