I have a database where I want to count the number of days where a field gets to a
certain value.  Right now I am using:
SELECT      count(DISTINCT aqiValues.readingDate) as greenCount
FROM        aqiRegions, aqiSites, aqiValues
WHERE       aqiRegions.aqiRegionID = aqiSites.aqiRegionID  AND
            aqiValues.site_name = aqiSites.siteNumber AND
            aqiRegions.showOnSite = 1 AND
            aqiSites.online = 1 AND
            aqiRegions.aqiRegion = 'Twin Cities' AND
            aqiValues.readingDate >= '2003/01/01' AND
            aqiValues.aqiNumber between 0 and 51

Then I am also using:
SELECT      count(DISTINCT aqiValues.readingDate) as yellowCount
FROM        aqiRegions, aqiSites, aqiValues
WHERE       aqiRegions.aqiRegionID = aqiSites.aqiRegionID  AND
            aqiValues.site_name = aqiSites.siteNumber AND
            aqiRegions.showOnSite = 1 AND
            aqiSites.online = 1 AND
            aqiRegions.aqiRegion = ? AND
            aqiValues.readingDate >= '2003/01/01' AND
            aqiValues.aqiNumber between 51 and 100

My problem is I only want to count the day high value.  So if it is 25 in the morning
and 52 in the afternoon I only want to the yellowcount query to return results.  I
have tried to work in the MAX(aqiNumber) into the query but I get a GROUP error.  I
must be putting it in the wrong place.  Maybe I need to somehow make this only one
query?

--ja