Hi!

If you vanna free environment:

nb-means netbeans

j2sdk-nb

http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/Display

nbuser-group

Everything depends, what do you want to do? Web-application? If so, you have
to download other things, like WSDP 1.2.-that contains tag libraries JSTL and
Java Server Faces, and if you don't want to use the internal tomcat, a Tomcat
distribution or an Application Server.

This, from Sun and Apache, but you have also JBuilder from Borland
and JDeveloper, designed for Oracle Databases.
You have also Inteliidea, from Czeh republic.

regards

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:56:36 +0200, Director General: NEFACOMP wrote
> Hi group,
>
> I wanted to start learning programming in JAVA.
> What do you think is the right discussion group or mailing list for
starters?
> I have never touched JAVA.
> Can someone advise on what software I should install?
>
> Thanks,
> __________________________________
> NZEYIMANA Emery Fabrice
> NEFA Computing Services, Inc.