I have a very basic newbie question that, despite
multiple searches, I have been unable to find an
answer to. How is ISAM pronounced? Is it:

  1. eye-sam (As in “I don’t like green eggs and ham,
Sam I am.”)

  2. is-am

  3. I-S-A-M (with the individual letters spoken out
like most acronyms)

I know this seems basic, but I want to learn the
correct way, especially seeing the lively discussion
that occurs over pronouncing MySQL as “My Ess Que Ell”
versus “my sequel” (which is at least discussed in the
MySQL manual -
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/What-is.html#IDX24)
Besides, I too laugh at people that call a SCSI drive
an es-cee-es-eye drive ;)

Thanks in advance.
Jim